Can't Print PDF Documents

Brother DCP-L2500D

So I can print word documents; but when I try to print a PDF documents the first page comes out blank and the printer stops. A message appears on the printer which says:

Jam 2 sided pull out the duplex tray at the back of the machine and pull out the paper

I have followed these instructions and there is no jammed paper. If I cancel the print job, switch the printer off then back on again. I can print word documents; but not PDFs

Last edited:
When you process the print job do you get message on how to handle the sheet, "rotate by long edge"?

When you process the print job do you get message on how to handle the sheet, "rotate by long edge"?

No; but I tried printing a PDF again and noticed that if I changed Print What from documents and markups to document it will print PDFs. So it looks like the problem is sorted

Sorry the problems returned no matter what I do now the printer won't print PDF's, although word documents can still be printed

Was the PDF created with another program (Word etc.) or just downloaded? Are you trying to print from Adobe or the program that created the document?

Was the PDF created with another program (Word etc.) or just downloaded? Are you trying to print from Adobe or the program that created the document?

Whether the PDF was downloaded or created using the printer makes no difference. Also, now the printers gone back to not even printing just the first page. It just emits one blank page then stops and displays the same message as before.

Do you get a preview page prior to printing, if so you would see a blank page as first page? Try looking at document properties/security, there is check box for "allow printing", document restrictions.

Do you get a preview page prior to printing, if so you would see a blank page as first page? Try looking at document properties/security, there is check box for "allow printing", document restrictions.

I do get a preview page but it's not blank. I've looked in properties and I can't find a check box for allow printing, document restrictions.

When you select Print dialogue, before you go any further select Properties next to your printer name, see if Layout is available and if so see if Print on Both Sides can be selected and then see if you can change orientation to Flip Long Side, see if any of the other options work.

When you select Print dialogue, before you go any further select Properties next to your printer name, see if Layout is available and if so see if Print on Both Sides can be selected and then see if you can change orientation to Flip Long Side, see if any of the other options work.

Still can't get the printer to print pdfs

This could be the issue, is there an upgrade available or did you do an upgrade which created the issue? Can you use Adobe Reader? On the Foxit website there are a few steps needed to set printer as default,.

I followed the first set of instructions; but still not able to print properly.

I tried to follow the instructions below for the PCL Drivers; but after opening Print Dialog I can't find an Advanced tab to click on

Windows:

PCL Drivers must be enabled for the physical printer the client is working with.

1. Press Ctr+P on your keyboard or go to "File > Print" to open the Print Dialog
  2. Click on Advanced
  3. Select "Use PCL5 Drivers for PCL5 Printers" (unless you know that your printer uses PCL6 drivers
  4. Select the name of your physical printer from the list
  5. Add/Move your printer to the "PCL Drivers" list
  6. Click OK
  7. Click OK to print the file to paper

Ask a Question