CD/DVD direct printing

Hi all,
My friend has an epson tx4000 which I use for printing dvd's but it doesn't print right up to the centre hole in the disc and I can't change it. I noticed when looking through the templates in my ashampoo cd/dvd burning program that other printers show up as printing to the centre of the disc. I'm thinking of buying a printer specifically to print to dvd, so is there a way (program or whatever), that the print size can be changed or should I look for a printer with that ability built in? Txs for any help!

Are you familiar with the "Lightscribe" technology available on many modern laptops? I have a 3-yr-old HP laptop with it as a feature. You have to buy special DVDs, but I love it. Basically it "etches" your label right onto the DVD after you burn it. You'll never need to print a label again, is my point.

Good luck!

silkscreen print on CD-R

Lightscript is monochrome and slow. When you need to print more than 1000, consider hiring a CD replication company to do the silkscreen printing for you. True, it's going to cost more but consider the time savings and opportunity costs then that may make more sense.

New Cyberian, newcyberian.com, is the company I use. I think they can start from 300.

Hi all,
My friend has an epson tx4000 which I use for printing dvd's but it doesn't print right up to the centre hole in the disc and I can't change it. I noticed when looking through the templates in my ashampoo cd/dvd burning program that other printers show up as printing to the centre of the disc. I'm thinking of buying a printer specifically to print to dvd, so is there a way (program or whatever), that the print size can be changed or should I look for a printer with that ability built in? Txs for any help!

I have an Epson XP-900 Multifunction which I use for printing to CD/DVD. Your issue is a software problem so you need to use an application that allows you to control the print area and multiple format functions for discs with various size centre holes.
I use an excellent application called 'Discus 429' available from Magic Mouse Productions. I have used it professionally for several years.

Ask a Question