Controlcentre3 MFC-J415W

When I try and open this control center to scan all I get is a white out and a A and i in the middle.
Cant see the scan area.

When I try and open this control center to scan all I get is a white out and a A and i in the middle.
Cant see the scan area.
I get the same problem with my DCP-J515W. I thinks it's to do with Adobe flash having been withdrawn round about January 15th.
It was working the day before.
Anyone any ideas how to get round this, short of buying a new printer/scanner?

Cant see the scan area.
I now have the solution to the problem, from Brother. I used option 2, which is very straightforward. Here it is.

The issue you are experiencing with ControlCenter3 is caused by Adobe removing support for Flash. It can be resolved by changing the skin to the classic blue in one of 2 ways:

Change the skin with a file download:

1. Download file from here: https://support.brother.com/g/b/agreement.aspx?dlid=dlf102358_000&c=us_ot&lang=en&redirect=on

2. Double click the ChangeSkinToClassic.exe file - a DOS command window (black) will open and close quickly.

3. Open ControlCentre3 – if you are unsure how to open:

a. Go to Start > Apps (or All programs) > Brother > Brother Utilities

b. In Brother Utilities, click Scan and click ControlCenter3.

c. In the System Tray near the time, right click the blue CC3 icon and left click Open.

Or manually Change the Skin:

1.. Right-click on the ControlCenter icon in the system tray near the clock, and then left-click on Close.

2. Open your local disk drive (C:). The local disk drive can typically be found in the folder My Computer or This PC.

3. Double-click on Program Files (x86) > Brother > ControlCenter3 > Skin.

4. Single right-click on the ModernStyle folder.

5. Left-click Cut.

6. Click the back button in the top left corner to return to the ControlCenter folder.

7. Right-click on an empty space in the folder and then left-click on Paste. The ModernStyle folder will appear.

8. Restart the computer.

9. Go to Start > Apps (or All programs) > Brother > Brother Utilities

10. In Brother Utilities, click Scan on the left side and then click the blue ControlCenter3 icon.

11. In the System Tray near the time, right click the blue CC3 icon and left click Open.

Important Note:
Both methods will mean ControlCentre3 will open but it will use the blue Classic style skin. The other orange skin cannot be used due to Adobe removal of Flash so please use the blue classic skin.

raw

Ask a Question