Dell 1710 laser printer faded printing

I have an old Dell 1710 laser printer that I'm trying to save. I believe it's a rebranded Lexmark printer. The printing is faded throughout the page in splotches. I have added a photo so you can see what I mean. This printer has an indicator light to tell you when you when to replace either the toner or the drum. Neither of those are lit up. I'm afraid of spending money on a new toner and/or drum just to continue to have the same problem. Can anyone give their opinion on whether replacing the toner or drum would fix my problem? Or is there something else I should try? Thanks!

print2.jpg

Take out your toner, and shake from left to right. This is to distribute the toner powder.
Also try the maintenance program if it works.

If both solutions can't work, then it could be time to replace drum.

Take out your toner, and shake from left to right. This is to distribute the toner powder.

I've tried shaking the toner many times now. It doesn't seem to change anything. So, I bought a drum from Dell. After putting it in, the printing shows no change. There are horizontal "strips" in the middle of the page that have no printing on them. It's too bad because I really thought the drum would solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas now on what could be causing my issue?

Or you can order new printer as well

I have an old Dell printer 1710 laser printer that I'm trying to save. I believe it's a rebranded Lexmark printer. The printing is faded throughout the page in splotches. I have added a photo so you can see what I mean. This printer has an indicator light to tell you when you when to replace either the toner or the drum. Neither of those are lit up. I'm afraid of spending money on a new toner and/or drum just to continue to have the same problem. Can anyone give their opinion on whether replacing the toner or drum would fix my problem? Or is there something else I should try? Thanks!

View attachment 2489
Hello. My 1710N's printing fades out on the right side of the paper. I first replaced the imaging drum 2 days ago, and nothing changed. So now today I put a new toner cartridge in and it is still the same. I have printed 19019 pages with this printer, is it's life over already?!

Ask a Question