do i have to replace color toner to only print in black for phaser 6180?

I acquired the xerox phaser 6180 and the color toners are empty and the black isn't. I want print only in black, however the printer won't let me. The display screen tells me I have to replace the empty color toners. Do i have to replace color toner to only print in black or is there a work-around? I already tried removing the color toners and leave the black...it didn't work. Is there a software update to correct this? Please help.

its normal for the machine to loose some functionalities while requiring consumables. Depending on the level on the consumables the machine might stop completely.
Both PCL and PS drivers have opt to choose BW on colour output and on layout you can set colour correction for none or on the PS color management to black.
On the printer there might be an opt to force pure black.

But as per colour printers behaviour even to make black colour will be used. Therefore another way of trying to workaround could also be on the aplication (i.e Photoshop or corel or others that you can choose the type of black used.

Ask a Question