Dual Installations of Same Printer

I have a desktop PC with a core i7-3770 Intel Processor running Windows 7, 64-bit and a multi-function inkjet printer configured wirelessly through a Linksys WRT54G router.

I would like to have one printer installation configured for monochrome and a second printer installation configured for color. My printer manufacturer has told me that there is no way I can have two installations of the printer, unless I set up one connection as a local (USB-connected) printer, and a second connection as wireless. They attribute this to their statement that the printer can only have one IP address at a time. However, due to the printer’s location, I can only connect to it wirelessly.

I am wondering if there is a way around this: (1) Maybe an application that reconfigures the printer’s IP address, when switching from one installation to the other. OR (2) Maybe a batch file that can alter the printer’s internal IP address, to match that for the printer driver, when switching from monochrome to color, and vice versa. Does anyone know of a solution?

Ask a Question