Epson 11880 Error 1435

I am seeking more information about how the capping station works. While cleaning my ink head and manually releasing the carriage I must have done something to cause this new error to come up. I want to understand what sensor is telling the printer what information. Is it the orange decoder strip at the top of the capping station? Is it a section seal when the capping station contacts with the print head? Does anyone know? The Advanced service manual is not specific enough.

Regarding - Cap Home Position Detection Error
Specifically - The Cap Assembly “home positon” can not be detected.
Potential Solution - 1. Cycle power to the Printer. ((failed to produce Results))
Option 1B: I called a known service tech who suggested it was my ink tubes. I did have a leak going on where the tubes meet with the damper so I replaced the entire assembly. This did not seem to fix the error.

2. Replace the Cap Assembly. ((I do not want to consider this option *yet due to expense and tie commitments. ))

A
A

Ask a Question