Epson 1430 leaving overspray when sublimation printing

I have been using the same ink, paper and images for 6 months for sublimation printing. All of a sudden I am getting what looks like tiny overspray around images when printing. It will be in different places on different images. Can be on right side of one, left side on another or on the top or bottom of image. Appears on color images. I had trouble with it on black text but unchecked black compensation point in printer dialogue box and that took care of that problem but not color images. I have run several print head cleanings with no luck. I ran a nozzle check and it comes out perfect. I even did the soaking of a paper towel strip with Windex to clean the print head, no luck. I contacted the business I purchased my CIS from which I have been also using for 6 months and he is stumped. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Hi Sub dog, any luck with a fix or a reason as to why this issue occured for you ? We have a L1800 Epson printer we use for Sublimation printing...and same thing all off a sudden one day it simply began doing a faint black halo style overspray around letters and images, extremely faint, but totally unsightly once sublimated. Here's the issue....It wasn't a build up to the problem beginning, it simply started one day and we have no idea why .

Hi Crocodilepete, I could not find an answer from anyone so I just started playing around with different settings and what I came up with is I do a head cleaning before I start printing for the day. Also, I don't know if you are printing out of Photoshop like I do, but in the print settings in the printer setup, I check the ICM under color management and check off. I have the paper set to plain and fine. In the printer setup I let photoshop manage colors and I use Artisan 1430 Premium Luster for my printer profile because I have an Artisan 1430. I don't know what your options are for your printer profile. I just played around using different paper settings and found this worked for me. I also UNCHECKED the Black Point Compensation box just below rendering intent. I noticed this stopped a major portion of the problem. I don't know why it just started out of the blue like you had happen but this is what took care of my problem. Hope this helps!

Hi Crocodilepete, just an update. I had not used my printer for 4 days because I was sick and I ran a head cleaning and printed my images out. There was the overspray again! So what I did was ran 2 head cleanings and then I printed out an image of a rainbow so all the colors are used. Then because I sublimate on mugs and the image I was using was black and the image is small, I can fit 6 images on 1 8.5 x 11 sheet, I printed 2 sheets out to use the black ink. Then I used the 3Rd sheet. After that the overspray was gone. Hope this helps!

Hi Crocodilepete, just an update. I had not used my printer for 4 days because I was sick and I ran a head cleaning and printed my images out. There was the over spray again! So what I did was ran 2 head cleanings and then I printed out an image of a rainbow so all the colors are used. Then because I sublimate on mugs and the image I was using was black and the image is small, I can fit 6 images on 1 8.5 x 11 sheet, I printed 2 sheets out to use the black ink. Then I used the 3Rd sheet. After that the over spray was gone. Hope this helps!
hi Sub dog, i have this problem, spraying around image, and this spraying is different in other image prints i changed my black color of my designs to ( CMYK all to 100 ) then the problem fixed, but other colors etc, red,and brown have same problem, i bring down red color a little AND problem fixed then print, i want to know did your printer fixed during this years? or by changing your colors the problem fixed? pls answer i need your feedback because i couldn't find anybody to share there help about this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question