Epson 3010 banding

hi all,

Newbie here after some help and advice after a very annoying fortnight....

About two weeks ago I bought a three month old Epson wf3010 and some sublimation inks. This worked great for a few days when suddenly it wouldn't turn on. This was returned to Epson who sent me a replacement which was reconditioned and had been used with normal inks.
While this was being sorted I bought some new refillable cartridges as the yellow bung on the others had gone walkies. I tried printing but got bad horizontall lines in the images. I then found out that the normal inks have contaminated the lines thus rendering that printer pretty useless for sublimation work. Today I received my brand new 3010. I Installed my sublimation cartridges and I've still got slight vertical lines in the pictures. (See below)

20151103_180753_zps9eptndzt.jpg

I've tried everything, head clean, realignment etc but it's still the same. The lines seem to be regimented so I'm assuming the problem is printer based. The wf3010 is good for sublimation work as there are companies selling them as pry of a business bundle.

Has anyone got any ideas on what this could be please. I'm really at my wits end now.

Thanks in advance.

Jon....

Ask a Question