Epson 9600 won't print with sub dye ink

Purchased a 9600 printer so I cld make jerseys for my hockey team. When I made my first print it worked fine (pigment ink) but a lot of lines in the print since the printer been sitting for years I figured it was dirty. I flushed all the lines with distilled water and installed the new sub dye ink. Did few commands to purge the lines all the inks filled the lines with no issues. But when I print nothing is coming out. The dampers look very clean and the printhead is clean as well. I did several power cleans and my maintenance tank is filling with ink but no matter how many times I try printing nothing. Little bit of yellow is visible but that's about it. I was told that the 9600 can print sublimation inks. Purchased the ink from china could that be the problem? I'm pricing out a new printhead but don't wanna spend the big bucks quite yet if maybe I'm doing something wrong as it seems strange that initially it did print but after the ink change the problem started. Any help would be appreciated.
Ben

Ask a Question