Epson and Photoshop

Hello,
I am trying to print a photoshop picture I have prepared on my PH 5.1 on Mac with OS 10.11.4
I am trying to print it on my Epson L 565.
I an getting in the configuration windows opened after I am launching Command Print.
the following warning which says like this (in Color Handling when configuring Photoshop Manages Colors:
Remember to disable the printer’s color management in the printer settings dialogue Box.
My question: Where can I find the command to disable printer’s color management command?
Thanks for any help

I would like to add few more elements to my question, by adding a screen picture describing printing dialogue box in which one can see the yellow triangle with the warning about doing different configurations to which I an=m looking an explanation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 18.48.44.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 18.48.44.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 287
Hi riklar,

I don't have the same printer as you but most Epson printers have very similar settings so ths may help.

On your screen above, press the PRINT SETTINGS button and ths will open the printer control panel. Here you can select paper type, print type, etc.. There should be two screens - BASIC and ADVANCED - go to the advanced screen. Once there, under Color Management select ICM and then tick the box OFF (No Color Management) - this last item only appears on the screen after you press ICM so don't worry if you can't see it straight away. Make sure you have the correct paper, etc., selected then click okay to go back to the photoshop print control box.

Select the correct printer profile for the paper you are using (if you have that). You will probably find that you get better results if you change the rendering intent from Relative Colorimetric to Perceptual.

I hope that helps :)

Hi riklar,

I don't have the same printer as you but most Epson printers have very similar settings so ths may help.

On your screen above, press the PRINT SETTINGS button and ths will open the printer control panel. Here you can select paper type, print type, etc.. There should be two screens - BASIC and ADVANCED - go to the advanced screen. Once there, under Color Management select ICM and then tick the box OFF (No Color Management) - this last item only appears on the screen after you press ICM so don't worry if you can't see it straight away. Make sure you have the correct paper, etc., selected then click okay to go back to the photoshop print control box.

Select the correct printer profile for the paper you are using (if you have that). You will probably find that you get better results if you change the rendering intent from Relative Colorimetric to Perceptual.

I hope that helps :)

That is interesting because I cannot find PRINT SETTINGS at all on my PHOTOSHOP CS5 when I try to print on my EPSON STYLUS PRO 4800. Where would someone find the PRINT SETTINGS on printers dialogue box?

Ask a Question