Epson P800 roll paper detection problem

My p800 is detecting roll paper when there is none and even when the roll paper attachment is not attached. This prevents printing on other paper feeds (sheet feeder, front load). Have in touch w/ Epson 2X - no solution yet. Seems to me it might be a h/w problem: stuck paper detector switch? Any ideas? Thanks, Ron

bbb

I just got this printer and have had the same problem. used a can of compressed air directed toward the right side of the printer through the rear slot which resolved the error. it recurs, but I just use the compressed air again. called Epson, who thought there must be a piece of packing material in the paper path, but I can't see any

Doc

My p800 is detecting roll paper when there is none and even when the roll paper attachment is not attached. This prevents printing on other paper feeds (sheet feeder, front load). Have in touch w/ Epson 2X - no solution yet. Seems to me it might be a h/w problem: stuck paper detector switch? Any ideas? Thanks, Ron
I have the same problem...pretty much a bust for me...tried everything except turning it upside down...

Doc - I tried bob's suggested compressed air into the roll paper slot and it seem to work. I have not had this problem more than twice since the first post in 2017. It happened most recently about 1 year ago - same solution (compressed air) and no problems since.
Hope that helps.

I am having this same exact problem...where specifically should I direct the compressed air...do you know where the sensor that detects this is located?

Ask a Question