Epson photo stylus 1400 getting solid power and ink light

After powering up the printer does it's thing than gives solid power(green) light and solid ink light.. Status Monitor shows empty
ink carts. It keeps showing the same lights after attempting to replace the cartridges many times using refillable cartridges.. Could this be firmware issue, just got the printer second hand, have no know knowledge of history of this printer. Can anyone
give me hands up on this??

It seems firmware updates preclude use of refillable cartridges. Recommend Epson brand ink and cartridges.
You can try one just for one-time test. Then you will know. Good Luck

The latest:
Bought a set of Epson OEM cartridges, still no go,, I installed all 6 carts just like the printer tells you how to..
it showed all cartridges with the X.. I decided just to remove the yellow, pushed the ink button when carriage
came to rest now it show all OK accept the yellow now got the X ... I don't think it's a firmware issue. I checked
the yellow with my chip setter it cam up with the green light. Reinstalled the yellow, same ol thing..

Epson 1400 issue still not solved... here are some photos to show....I checked the CSIC board it was ok, I installed
all OEM parts and main board from a good working printer. I tried installing the cartridges and re start one by one..all went ok till the last cartridge was installed, then it showed all to replace. If I removed either one of the cartridge it showed all full but the one I removed,, soon as I reinstalled that cartridge it shows all with the big X.. Checked all cable connections, installed front panel board (power switch)

Attachments

• 1400Preferences.jpg
    1400Preferences.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 164
  • EP1400RelaceInk Carts.jpg
    EP1400RelaceInk Carts.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 165
Robin: Try a reset.
Power on - unplug power cord for 2 minutes - restore power cord - power on printer if not already on

Try to locate & restore factory defaults, usually in your maintenance section

Ask a Question