Epson prem Expression XP-6100

I've had an Epson R-380 for 12+ years. I've used a ciss ink tank with it. It finally died. I print on a lot of CD/DVD's. I just ordered the XP-6100 and found many changes such as "chip vs chipless" and I found a ciss for this printer, but the only ink I can find to fill the ciss is sublimation ink. Will that work for photos on photo paper? Almighty google says it's for printing on T-shirts, mugs, and other substrates. Can anyone point me to a ciss and ink bottles for this 6100?

sublimation ink. Will that work for photos on photo paper?

No, it won't work well for normal printing. This is a specialty ink used to make transfers that are then heat-pressed onto objects. It doesn't work well on photo paper. A lot of people use CISSs when converting to sublimation printing, which is why you're seeing it so much.

Can anyone point me to a ciss and ink bottles for this 6100?

The XP-6100 uses Epson's T302 cartridges. That consists of a pigment black cartridge and 4 dye-based cartridges with the photo black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. I looked around myself and yes, it's hard to find places that list ink as being compatible with the T302 cartridges. But Epson uses the exact same ink in Epson T26, T33, T273, and T410 cartridges. So just search for ink that is compatible with those, and it will work in your printer too.

I generally get my ink from inkowl.com (actually I use their Canadian supplier inkpot.ca) and your printer's ink is available as: https://www.inkowl.com/inkjet/ink-r...on-26-26xl-33-33xl-273-273xl-410-410xl/P7162/

I don't really have a recommendation to make on the CISS.

Thank you. OK, i'll forget the ciss, but now I'm confused about chips. Buying a one time use chip, plus the empty ink cartridge, plus the ink, costs about the same as an OEM cartridge. I can't seem to find an ARC (auto reset chip) for this XP-6100. Thanks again, You're the first one who seems to know something about these printers

I ordered the ink from ink owl, but the refillable cartridges with chip are out of stock everywhere. Ink Owl seems to be the best place. Got it bookmarked. Thanks for the tip.

Ask a Question