Epson Print Layout says printer not found (ET-8550)

I'm new to Epson. I am using an ET-8550 and a Mac. I downloaded the Epson Print Layout software and went to put in my printer information and it says Printer Not found. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Very frustrated. If anyone knows what I should do I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I had this same issue too - was driving me mad. On a Mac your printer automatically sets up as an Air Printer. You can see if it is by going to preference and selecting your 8550 and if it says air print EPL won't see it. You need to delete the printer and then you need to click the + button select the 8550 but then click Select Software and then a list pops up and then select 8550. It then installs from the driver and the air print thing goes away. Restart EPL and you will be able to see your 8550. I might not have explained this well so if you search support apple update printer software a printing problem it should come up with the page on apple with all the info.

Okay thank you I will try that. I've just been on phone support with Epson for over and hour and they told me someone else needs to call me back.

Want to access your Epson printer with the help of your laptop but do not know how to do this? Don’t worry! In this blog, we will provide you with detailed information to connect wireless Epson printer and to connect wired Epson printer to your laptop in just a few easy steps. Before going to learn about this information, you need to decide how you would like to connect your Epson printer to your laptop.

I had this same issue too - was driving me mad. On a Mac your printer automatically sets up as an Air Printer. You can see if it is by going to preference and selecting your 8550 and if it says air print EPL won't see it. You need to delete the printer and then you need to click the + button select the 8550 but then click Select Software and then a list pops up and then select 8550. It then installs from the driver and the air print thing goes away. Restart EPL and you will be able to see your 8550. I might not have explained this well so if you search support apple update printer software a printing problem it should come up with the page on apple with all the info.
Followed your advice and now it's working. Thank you!

Any idea how to do it on Windows? I have an ET-16600. I have the wifi driver installed, but also tried plugging in the USB cable and installing the appropriate driver. I also reinstalled the wifi driver after installing the layout software. I restarted Epson Print Layout each time but it keeps telling me that there is no detectable printer.

When I first installed the software there was a very old driver for another epson printer that is no longer connected, but the software detected it just fine.

Last edited:
Any idea how to do it on Windows? I have an ET-16600. I have the wifi driver installed, but also tried plugging in the USB cable and installing the appropriate driver. I also reinstalled the wifi driver after installing the layout software. I restarted Epson Print Layout each time but it keeps telling me that there is no detectable printer.

When I first installed the software there was a very old driver for another epson printer that is no longer connected, but the software detected it just fine.
Sorry I’m a Mac user so can’t help. Have you reached out to Epsom or try Reddit, usually find good answers on there. I expect it will be an issue with the correct drivers though.

Thanks! worked for me.

dustinH: I have a WorkForce 7820 and I too could not get EPL to work on mine. I did a little searching and found out that EPL only recognizes/works with a specific series of Epson printers, not my WF and possibly your ET. But Epson does have another program that does work with my WF called Epson Photo+. I couldn't find it on Epson's website but I did find it on this site.

OMG, thaaaaank you!!
It worked. Was soo frustrated.
I had to seach in the list, not use the automatic found printer whit same the same name .. (!)
I have a XP-790 Series

Thanks this worked for me too !!

YES!! Thanks for this info. It made it really easy to fix my problem. Only had to struggle for about 10 mins. Worked the first time!!!!

PLEASE HELP MEEE!!! I followed this up to the step when I press select software and 8550 is no where to be found on the list shown. im so frustrated.

A MILLION thanks to you, Craft Kitten, for posting the solution to this maddening problem! Epson should state this on their download page for the EPL app. Just followed your guide and it worked like a charm! So grateful.

I have the same problem and went through the process. The ET-8550 doesn't show up in the EPL. Even though I deleted the ET-8550 and then added it, it still shows up in System Settings as AirPrint.

OMG Thank you!!! This was driving me crazy. Now it works. :)

Ask a Question