Epson Print Layout

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Thunderbird811, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Thunderbird811

Thunderbird811

I recently purchased a used Epson P800 & installed the Epson Print Layout utility (version 1.3.5). When I try to use it, I'm unable load a photo or change any of the pull down menus options in the Printer Settings and Layout Settings tabs. The error message I get is: Unknown Printer Error. Image not loaded. How can I resolve this problem?

Thunderbird811, Oct 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Thunderbird811

lzweifel

Hi Thunderbird811... I am receiving the exact same error message that you had, I know this is old but can you tell me... did you resolve the issue, do you remember how?

lzweifel, Apr 11, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Thunderbird811

Shadowman

Which program(s) are you using to interact with Print Layout? I launch the program from Adobe programs.

Shadowman, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Thunderbird811

lzweifel

I used to use it as stand alone if I was printing a photo that had already been re-touched... or, I actually loved to use it for envelopes. However, if I was working in Adobe Photoshop I would print directly from there by opening up the program, but all of a sudden I get a message "Unknown Printer Error, Image not loaded" Epson tells me that the program is not supported by my printer XP-6000, however it has been working for some time prior to this, so I am confused and really just would like it to work again.

lzweifel, Apr 13, 2019
  5. Thunderbird811

Shadowman

The program was designed specifically for the SureColor printer models, look under Printer Settings, perhaps you had a supported profile loaded.

Shadowman, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:50 AM
  6. Thunderbird811

thx2000

Wow, a whole new level of infuriating, but I figured it out.

First off don't use Wifi printing, you must be USB or TCP/IP connected. Do not select Bonjure if it's listed in your printer driver install process. Wireless modes are going to use AirPrint which will basically mean that you're printing to a generic Apple pseudo-printer.

Now, assuming you've already installed your printer and it's driver, just go ahead and delete the printer via settings, printers & scanners, etc. Then add a printer with the little +...then make sure you select either the USB or TCP/IP option:

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.14.59 PM.png

Now, see that "Use: AirPrint" down at the bottom? That's the default, but that'll just defeat the purpose of this whole exercise. open the drop down and select "Epson SC-P800 Series".

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.05.21 PM.png

complete the install and you should be G2G

Attached Files:

thx2000, Apr 20, 2019 at 12:22 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question