Epson Print Layout

I recently purchased a used Epson P800 & installed the Epson Print Layout utility (version 1.3.5). When I try to use it, I'm unable load a photo or change any of the pull down menus options in the Printer Settings and Layout Settings tabs. The error message I get is: Unknown Printer Error. Image not loaded. How can I resolve this problem?

I recently purchased a used Epson P800 & installed the Epson Print Layout utility (version 1.3.5). When I try to use it, I'm unable load a photo or change any of the pull down menus options in the Printer Settings and Layout Settings tabs. The error message I get is: Unknown Printer Error. Image not loaded. How can I resolve this problem?
Hi Thunderbird811... I am receiving the exact same error message that you had, I know this is old but can you tell me... did you resolve the issue, do you remember how?

Which program(s) are you using to interact with Print Layout? I launch the program from Adobe programs.

I used to use it as stand alone if I was printing a photo that had already been re-touched... or, I actually loved to use it for envelopes. However, if I was working in Adobe Photoshop I would print directly from there by opening up the program, but all of a sudden I get a message "Unknown Printer Error, Image not loaded" Epson tells me that the program is not supported by my printer XP-6000, however it has been working for some time prior to this, so I am confused and really just would like it to work again.

The program was designed specifically for the SureColor printer models, look under Printer Settings, perhaps you had a supported profile loaded.

Wow, a whole new level of infuriating, but I figured it out.

First off don't use Wifi printing, you must be USB or TCP/IP connected. Do not select Bonjure if it's listed in your printer driver install process. Wireless modes are going to use AirPrint which will basically mean that you're printing to a generic Apple pseudo-printer.

Now, assuming you've already installed your printer and it's driver, just go ahead and delete the printer via settings, printers & scanners, etc. Then add a printer with the little +...then make sure you select either the USB or TCP/IP option:

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.14.59 PM.png

Now, see that "Use: AirPrint" down at the bottom? That's the default, but that'll just defeat the purpose of this whole exercise. open the drop down and select "Epson SC-P800 Series".

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.05.21 PM.png

complete the install and you should be G2G

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.05.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.05.21 PM.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 354
Hi, I have just installed the Epson Print Layout to print on my new Surecolor D1000. I installed the printer and the appropriate driver but when I try to load images in the Epson Print Layout, they are not loading. I tried from Photoshop (Automate/Epson Print Layout) or Lightroom (Export to/Epson Print Layout plugin) or even by right clicking on an image/open with/Epson print layout - nothing works!!
Can anyone help? I am sure that I'm missing something stupid. I am using a Mac with macOS Big Sur 11.7.1.

TBP

Wow, a whole new level of infuriating, but I figured it out.

First off don't use Wifi printing, you must be USB or TCP/IP connected. Do not select Bonjure if it's listed in your printer driver install process. Wireless modes are going to use AirPrint which will basically mean that you're printing to a generic Apple pseudo-printer.

Now, assuming you've already installed your printer and it's driver, just go ahead and delete the printer via settings, printers & scanners, etc. Then add a printer with the little +...then make sure you select either the USB or TCP/IP option:

View attachment 1404

Now, see that "Use: AirPrint" down at the bottom? That's the default, but that'll just defeat the purpose of this whole exercise. open the drop down and select "Epson SC-P800 Series".

View attachment 1406

complete the install and you should be G2G
Thank you. This was very helpful.

Ask a Question