Epson printer PX5500 - paper disappeared inside the printer!

Hello. When trying to do a nozzle check before printing some photos, the piece of plain paper kept shooting through without getting caught in the rollers. On the third or fourth try the paper disappeared into the printer and is not visible at all. Was wondering if anyone had this happen, before I try to take off the back. Can anyone tell me which panel to take off to see inside. Its a holiday in Japan and the service center is closed. Thanks in advance,
Epson PX5500 MAX ART K3- A3+ (Japanese model number, sorry don't know the USA or Europe equivalent.)

UPDATE. Problem solved. Took off back cover, but no access to the paper area. Then found the whole sheet of paper had gotten wedged between the rolling ink carriage and the body of printer on the right side.
The only way to remove was with Printer plugged in (use care!), push Power button and the ink carriages moves to the left enough so you can see the paper BUT you only have about 3 seconds to grab the paper. I used kitchen tongs (don't put your hand in there!) and with three or 4 tries I was finally able to grab it and get the whole piece out. SIDE NOTE: my "old" printer still refuses to load a thin piece of plain copy paper. To do the nozzle check I used the back side of some Epson Photo Mat paper and it goes in fine. Hope this helps someone. But Disclaimer: Epson manual and on the printer it says don't stick your hands in there without unplugging it. The only way to solve my problem by myself was to have the power on.

Ask a Question