Epson R2400 Not Printing

I have an Epson R2400, purchased from new that printed, originally, about a dozen photographs.
Life being what it is the printer was left to one side for several years; now I have returned to it; about a week ago.

Realising the nozzles were bound to be blocked I made no attempt to use it before removing the Printhead, (carefully and appropriately), and flushing it through.
All jets are now clear and the cleaner departs as clean it enters.

I replaced all the cartridges with new.

I installed all of the software and Drivers from Epson, (WIn 7 x64), and checked for updates.

Ready to go? - No.

The Printer operates but refuses to print the slightest dot or feature.

I've tried using the cleaning feature to force it to pump ink through; I've tried printing the largest, most colourful, photograph I have, in an effort to do the same.

It will not make the slightest effort to print the merest dot on the page; every page comes out as clean as it went in.

Help???

Couple of things:: First you may have blown a fuse on the main board, that can happen if you changing or unplugging some of the date cables..such as head cable and so on while the printer is not unplugged..
Second ,, Turn printer on as starting to move out unplug the printer cable shut off the printer. Next remove the side panel on the right side of the printer, undo the discharge tube coming from the capping/pump at where it connects to the discharge line, by unloosening and separate the two. take syringe with some cleaning
solution and flood the cap just a bit, next take the pump line and pull it over unto the syringe and try to pull some of that solution out of the capping. If you getting some of that stuff into the syringe it means capping is not the issue.
Next take the pump line and put the end into a cup or small bottle. Now turn printer back on and let it seat itself.
Now take the pump tube and see if you can pull some ink out of the head through the line..same as you did earlyer,, You may have to do this untill you see some ink in the syringe.. Good luck!

I have an Epson R2400, purchased from new that printed, originally, about a dozen photographs.
Life being what it is the printer was left to one side for several years; now I have returned to it; about a week ago.

Realising the nozzles were bound to be blocked I made no attempt to use it before removing the Printhead, (carefully and appropriately), and flushing it through.
All jets are now clear and the cleaner departs as clean it enters.

I replaced all the cartridges with new.

I installed all of the software and Drivers from Epson, (WIn 7 x64), and checked for updates.

Ready to go? - No.

The Printer operates but refuses to print the slightest dot or feature.

I've tried using the cleaning feature to force it to pump ink through; I've tried printing the largest, most colourful, photograph I have, in an effort to do the same.

It will not make the slightest effort to print the merest dot on the page; every page comes out as clean as it went in.

Help???

Couple of things:: First you may have blown a fuse on the main board, that can happen if you changing or unplugging some of the date cables..such as head cable and so on while the printer is not unplugged..
Second ,, Turn printer on as starting to move out unplug the printer cable shut off the printer. Next remove the side panel on the right side of the printer, undo the discharge tube coming from the capping/pump at where it connects to the discharge line, by unloosening and separate the two. take syringe with some cleaning
solution and flood the cap just a bit, next take the pump line and pull it over unto the syringe and try to pull some of that solution out of the capping. If you getting some of that stuff into the syringe it means capping is not the issue.
Next take the pump line and put the end into a cup or small bottle. Now turn printer back on and let it seat itself.
Now take the pump tube and see if you can pull some ink out of the head through the line..same as you did earlyer,, You may have to do this untill you see some ink in the syringe.. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, it's been a while but I posted the question and then went on holiday.

I followed your instructions, (I'm an Amateur, home user).

I flushed the capping/pump and drew some cleaner from the pipes.
I cleaned the sealing edges of the same with cleaner.
I cleaned the wiper blade, but this hardly had residue because the printer has done almost no work, (sic).

I tried drawing ink through the pipes with a syringe and this is where I noted that there is no suction-resistance at all; when drawing the syringe it feels like it's connected to nothing and no ink appeared.

No data cables have been touched with the power lead installed; it was removed to 'free' the Printhead for movement.

(After trying to print a High-Resolution photograph, about 12 times, the Printer now says the Yellow cartridge is empty which, upon removal. it is not; so the printer believes, clearly, that it is printing something.)

If you have any further thoughts I would love to hear them.

All the best.

Last edited:

Ask a Question