Epson R280 stops printing

My Epson R280 has done this since the first day I bought it. You all know this is an old model but I bought it new on Ebay. This is what happens. When I print a nozzle check, and it doesn't matter when, the paper is pulled into the printer and moves around like it is getting ready to print and then all the lights come on. I have to push the on/off button to eject the paper and then push it again to start the printer back up. I have had the printer for about 5 months. Trying to perform an alignment does the following....it prints about half of the page and then stops and all the lights come on. Again, I have to push the on/off button for the paper to eject. It gets even crazier when I try to print a test page. The printer pulls the paper in extremely FORCEFULLY and then stops and all the lights come on. The Status Monitor windows appears with the "warning" PRINTER COVER OPEN. Again, push the on/off button to eject paper. It is not jamming, just STOPPING. All I have ever used the printer for is to print 4x6 cards with no problems. If I try to print a document on regular paper same thing happens, a very forceful pull into the printer and then STOP. Any help would be appreciated.

Ask a Question