Epson stylus photo 1290 does not print anymore...

Hello all,
Probably because we don't print very often, we have had problems to get good printing quality every time again we needed to print something. I always had to go through the procedures of cleaning heads like 10 times and than still the quality was not what it should have been.
But now it does not print anymore, simply nothing!
I have put in new cartridges, had the heads cleaned and all but the paper comes out virgin even though the printer pretends to do all the work in normal way (from what I can hear).
What is going on here, can we repair it ourselves or should we just increase the waste mountain with another printer that still seems ok but does not print properly?
Thanks all for help!

Check the capping pads..you may need new ones, if the capping goes bad no matter how many times you do head cleaning it wont pull ink from the head,,, also may need waste ink pad reset utility. go to www.wix.com and purchase a reset key,,

Check the capping pads..you may need new ones, if the capping goes bad no matter how many times you do head cleaning it wont pull ink from the head,,, also may need waste ink pad reset utility. go to www.wix.com and purchase a reset key,,
Thank you robinhood, for trying to help me out!
Only: I don't really have a clue what you talk about... so I am trying to find a few good videos that explain more about it so I can understand it better please. Have never undone 1 screw to any printer so I feel a bit scared to start it without knowing any better.

Ask a Question