Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Power Problem

Hello and thank you for letting me join the forum.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R1800 printer, that is probably 12 years old. It prints photographs beautifully, when used with paper profiles and set up properly via Lightroom, so I would not want to change.

However, there is a problem with the power supply. It often will not start up when the power button is pressed. Sometimes, if I leave it for an hour, the on/off light will come on. Sometimes if I move the printer very slightly - a gentle push on it - it starts up after being completely "dead". Sometimes, the ink buttons will flash wildly, and not stop until I push the printer.

It's almost as if there's a loose wire at the power connection end, but I doubt it's as simple as that. I've bought new power cords, but although it started up the first time a new lead was attached, it's now gone back to it's old was of needing a gentle nudge!

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Stephen

try to find youtube tutorials on how to disassembly your printer,
just try to disconnect the flat cable in the power switched panel.
while the flat cable is disconnected, clean the switch panel with a soft toothbrush
you can use isoprophyl alcohol to clean it then let dry.
brush clean also the flat cable but try not to use plenty of alcohol on it. then let the cable dry
before you reconnect it.

also try to disconnect and reconnect the main power connection if you can.
it will be the connection between the power supply unit (power adapter) and the printer logic board.

of course all of this are done without printer power from wall socket.

Ask a Question