Epson Stylus Photo solid red and gree power light after power up

AT start up carriage moves back and forth like it should, in the printer folder keeps telling me to replace Yellow and L Magenta. They are all new refillable carts. Also when I swap out the carts it still tells me to replace those two carts. The ink light stays solid not flashing well as the power green light. I ran the waste ink resetter still showed ok.
Bought the printer on Ebay, looks very clean came without ink..
Can anyone help me out as what should I do next to get it going..

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Epson Firmware updates preclude use of non OEM cartridges. Try using OEM Epson Brand cartridges.

Still trying to have this printer accept the print cartridges, decided to take a few pictures to show what's going on..Pic, 1 after asked to reinstall cartridges.
Pic. 2 after I removed the Y cart
Pic. 3 after reinstalling Y cart
Pic. 4 showed all cartridges ok for about 10 seconds or so
than reverted to replace all cart. It seams cat and mouse game
over and over.. Could this be a main board issue? All cable connections seams to be
ok including head cable as well. I looked on the main board for fuse location but could not
find them, also is it possible the only cartridges it will accept is OEM's?

Attachments

• Pic 1 after installing ink carts.jpg
    Pic 1 after installing ink carts.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Pic 2 after removing Y carts.jpg
    Pic 2 after removing Y carts.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Pic 3 inPrinting prerfc shows carts ok.jpg
    Pic 3 inPrinting prerfc shows carts ok.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Piac 4 after reinstalling Y cart.jpg
    Piac 4 after reinstalling Y cart.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 179
See my previous. If you have had firmware update previously, probably limited to OEM Epson brand
cartridges.

Ruffin you are soooooo right about the firmware I updated the driver not knowing about the firmware upgrade, it did me in.. oh well,,, I still have way too many printers anyway, two diy dtg one One eco solvent Epson WF conversion, One laser and a cpl Hp's. By the way thanks for your advice..

Ask a Question