epson wf 2540 won't print

My Epson WF 2540 printer is about 1-2 years old and I only use occassionally. When I replaced the Epson brand cartridges with re manufactured ones it won't print. The business that sells the ink stated that they didn't know of reason it wouldn't and of course the ink purchase is refundable. I have tried everything imaginable and nothing resolves the problem. The software is installed on my old PC still running windows xp and printed fine. I also tried to set it up on my new laptop so I could use printer wi-fi and lap top running windows10 wouldn't allow the install of software. Could this have created an issue? Or do some Epson printers disallow use of re manufactured ink? I have followed all other troubleshooting directions within the epson guide with no resolution. It did print a test page in yellow ink only....a single time and there after it will disperse the paper but nothing printed on it. Can someone please help me?

I think there is nothing wrong with the ink, the problem is because you used the printer occassionally caused the ink clogged inside the printhead. You need to clean the epson printhead nozzle with cleaning solution or you need to replace your epson printhead with a new one.

I am having the same problem with mine. How do I clean the heads if that is what is wrong? I ran 2 cleanings on the heads last night and 4 today as told by an EPSON rep. It's still not printing anything on the paper. Is it a possibility that the ink is dried out or bad?

Ask a Question