Epson WF-3620 Failed after firmware upgrade

The Epson Updater told me that there was updates to my WF-3620 MF Printer. This included Firmware. It seemed to install OK and no error messages. The problem came about when it restarted. It went through a head cleaning process twice and then shut down. Turned it on again with a message that the heads were blocked and needed cleaning press OK and it repeated. Connected to Windows with USB and the printer was recognised. I tried to put the printer in a fault condition by removing the cartridges but it was unable to recognise they were out.

Could this be one of those firmware updates I have read about to stop using compatible cartridges or is there a failure with the firmware. I have D/L the recovery firmware but no tool to install it.

Help needed.

I think maybe you are having a new common problem,starting today 2016/12/06 . Google print service are causing the Epson Wifi printers to crash. You need to disable that ( may need to disconnect from wifi first) in the printer's settings. I saw this fix in a techie forum. And it seems to work for all of us that have read and tried it. (Only a handful, but it started today so......)

I have already tried that by connecting the printer with a USB cable. I can't access any settings as when it boots the Epson logo appears then a message to say the print heads are blocked and the only option is an OK on the screen. It will cycle through the cleaning process twice and then shut down. Switching it on will only start the cycle again. Is there any button presses I could use to bypass this. Also how can I install the firmware I downloaded.

I have already tried that by connecting the printer with a USB cable. I can't access any settings as when it boots the Epson logo appears then a message to say the print heads are blocked and the only option is an OK on the screen. It will cycle through the cleaning process twice and then shut down. Switching it on will only start the cycle again. Is there any button presses I could use to bypass this. Also how can I install the firmware I downloaded.
Check out my post... might sort it for you
https://www.printerforums.net/threa...thers-not-printing-crashing-restarting.64958/

A big thank you it worked. The only think I did differently was I needed to turn the router back on before it would accept my "Suspend" instructions. To you knowledge did it have anything to do with the firmware update or not?
not sure... I haven't run any updates so unless it did something automatically??? Glad it's fixed :)

Ask a Question