Epson WF-7515 will print via WiFi, but not Scan.

Hi all.

As subject heading. This is a second-user WF-7515 - a brute of a device, around 10 years old, capable of A3 printing and with an auto document feeder for scanning. Little used, it works superbly.

I can print from multiple devices via WiFi. I can Scan multiple document pages on to an SD card. But I can't get it to 'find' the printer when I try and Scan from my PC over WiFi.

I have downloaded the Epson software updater, and this found a Firmware update for the printer - this went completely smoothly via my PC and by WiFi to the printer. I have downloaded just about every bit of software, drivers, Network manager, etc. from the Epson site.

I have Epson Scan software which I've been using for my old SX415 (via USB), and the WF-7515 also comes up as an option when I fire up that program, but selecting the 7515 returns a 'Cannot communicate with the scanner' report.

Am I asking too much from an old beast for it to Scan via WiFi to the PC?!

Thanks.

Finally worked out I had to add the printer/scanner's IP Address (the 192.168.x.x malarkey, which I think I found on the printer's LCD display) manually in the 'Scan Settings' 'App' on the PC. Annoying, since the PC was already happily communicating over WiFi for printing, so why have to add this for scanning? Lawdie.

Anyhoo, all working well now.

Ask a Question