Epson WF-7610 Blocked Printhead

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance here. A while back, I stupidly placed a dehumidifier near to my printer (and herein lies a lesson, folks!) for a few hours, not realising at all that it was going to completely dry up the ink in its printhead.

I've tried and tried to unblock the printhead by flushing cleaning fluid through it and running its self-cleaning process many, many times and have managed to get the black and cyan nozzles working properly, but the magenta and yellow ones refuse to unblock, and I'm starting to get really, really frustrated with it.

I've been looking at videos on replacing the printhead and it doesn't look difficult to do - but before I do that I'm wondering if there's any way to remove the printhead and clean it manually, i.e. 'bathing' it in cleaning fluid/alcohol for a few days - or is it completely beyond repair if flushing it isn't working?

Ask a Question