Epson Workforce 1100 refillable cartridges

I've been refilling cartridges for quite some time on a variety of printers. I now also use an Epson Workforce 1100 and purchased refillable cartridges that auto reset from my longtime ink supplier. (no solution from him) They work very well and print quality is excellent but... They are supposed to reset automatically when taken out of the printer during the refill sequence. If the cartridge is not the one that generated an out of ink signal the cartridge WILL NOT reset. That prevents me from refilling ALL the low ones when I see the first out of ink message. That means that I have to go through four refill sequences one after the other as each cartridge empties. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN FORCE A RESET ON THOSE CARTRIDGES NO MATTER HOW MUCH INK THEY HAVE OR HAVEN'T.

I notice that there are two additional spots on the chip above the others on refillable cartridges for the Workforce 630 and shorting these together supposedly will reset the cartridge regardless of how much ink is left. Those spots are not on the chips that are on the WF 1100 cartridges and this is taking up lots of my time and trouble as well as aborting an occasional printout because of it.
I do have an early chip resetter that was NOT satifactory for the wide format Epsons but don't want to use it because one of the problems was that it would show the cartridge as not a genuine Epson with many failures.

I notice that my post was dated 2011 and in the time since then, I have completed my main project that I used the 1100s for, because they were wide format and when they worked the print was really good. I seldom use those two printers now, but every once in a while when I remember, I print to keep them working. Sitting there on the table, they always need a refresh of a sort and sometimes help in getting the ink flowing from the refillable cartridges. I suppose it would be nice if Epson would update the ink supply mechanics on those old printers, but that would be a great surprise to me if they did. More marketing money to be made in newer models.
May your days be filled with successful printouts and may the ghosts of old printers smile on you.

PS - The subject of my ID icon on this forum has departed to canine heaven. He took naps below the printer while I was using it so maybe an Epson 1100 would be appropriate for a headstone?

Ask a Question