Epson XP-635 no longer recognised on laptop

I have been using my Epson XP 635 for three or four years with no problem. When I went to print something today, there was no printer option listed on the 'Print to' list. On checking 'Device and printers', the printer symbol was not ticked as default. It has a small logo of two people where the tick would normally be. I tried to install a new printer, the laptop found the printer and listed it. I clicked to install, the installation started, but then a message popped up 'unable to install'. I have tried numerous ways but it still will not install. Any help with ideas would be appreciated.

re-install software and drivers.

You may need to completely uninstall printer software and drivers and then re-install.

Hi andonso. I thought that, but did not want to try as I had tried installing drivers from the Epson site and they would not install, kept failing. I tried using my wife's old laptop to print and the printer still worked okay. I then decided to delete the printer from mine and reinstall. All is okay now, just not had the time to update my post. Thanks again for your time.

Ask a Question