Epson XP-830 Internal Cleaning

I have an Epson XP-830 printer that makes black streaks on the paper, and doesn't print all of the letters. I have run through the cleaning cycle several times, and changed the black cartridge twice. Nothing helps. I can see ink on the roller underneath the print head.

I asked Epson how I could remove the print head to clean both it and the roller. They said it would have to be sent in for repair. It is out of warranty. I think I could do it myself if I knew how to remove the print head.

DeweyPrinter,

My like-new-but-out-of-warranty Epson xp-830 is leaving streaks of wet, black ink on print jobs, too. Did doing an internal cleaning solve your problem? Every page I print is spoiled.

DeweyPrinter,

My like-new-but-out-of-warranty Epson xp-830 is leaving streaks of wet, black ink on print jobs, too. Did doing an internal cleaning solve your problem? Every page I print is spoiled.
By changing the cartridges before I thought they needed it, I got it working pretty well. Just a little extra ink once in a while. I have the cleaning kit, and will do the cleaning at the next cartridge change. Most of the problem seems to come from the large, black cartridge. Not the photo black.

Ask a Question