Epson XP-830 wireless connection problems

Hello all-

I have an Epson XP-830 that is several years old (hand-me-down when my dad got a new printer). He had always used it wirelessly so I don't have a cable to connect it to my PC. I was able to set it up wirelessly several months ago, then we moved some things around, it got unplugged, and I didn't need to use it for a long time. Now I want to print something and I can't get it to connect to my computer.

I'm able to send a document to it via EpsonConnect (though it will only print the picture I want out of Cassette 1, couldn't figure out how to get it to print to Cassette 2), so it's clearly connected to the network, but when I try to connect it to a computer (my PC desktop or Mac laptop), the computers can't find it on the network. Nothing about the computers, the printer, or the network has changed since it was unplugged (that I know of).

I've restarted all three machines, reinstalled drivers, disconnected and reconnected all three machines to the network, same result. Ultimately I'll probably just end up buying a cable, but I'd love to not have to rely on a wired connection in the future.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Is your Epson printer's black ink giving you trouble? Sometimes, it may happen that the printer output page is missing black color, or the page is blank or has very little ink. You may presume the print is running out of ink or has run out of ink. Despite the fact that the cartridge contains black ink, the printer does not print in black. We all know that it is a color without which you cannot complete the printing tasks. So, what should you do if your printer won't print in black? Read this helpful article till the end to learn how to fix Epson XP 440 not printing black.
Contact us more information

Nope, ink levels are fine. I did buy a cable and it prints just fine when it's wired in. I just can't get it to connect wirelessly.

Ask a Question