Epson XP-830

Hi all,

We actually own THREE XP-830 printers and one of them refuses to allow us to just simply make copies to plain paper.

Two give us the CHOICE of plain paper when copying from the flat bed, and the malfunctioning one only lets us choose a photo paper.....the printers are cheap enough and I am tempted to just through the GD thing in the trash.

I have updated the firmware several times since the problem showed up hoping that Epson would have caught their error (such as a driver update for the XP830 that rendered my epson 2200 unusable - had my files backed up for that and got it working).

So anyone have any clues?

Mike

Assume other two XP-830 connected different computers. If so do this:

First, you must un-install printer driver. Follow this:
Control panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP-830 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-install printer driver using Epson Install CD. Do Not interrupt Install. Follow Manual Instructions Carefully.
Some Epsons require USB cable to be disconnected during install. See your manual.

Two are used via network, one is not connected, just stands alone.

The one which has the "Choose of plain paper under copy" is connected via Cat 5, has wireless mode turned on, and has wifi direct turned off. I can printer to this one via my wired computers, my wifi computers and my iPhone. And I can pick the copy paper I want. Interestingly on the printer network report, it shows <Ethernet> network status "None", but I can ping it, I know it's IP address and I physically confirmed the Cat 5 wire is connected.

The bad one which only lets us choose "Photo" paper for copying is connected via Cat 5, has wireless mode OFF and has direct WiFi on. We can print to that also from our wired computers, wifi computers and iPhones, iPads Etc. Just cannot walk up to it, open the top, put something on it and copy....That too is confirmed as connected to network with Cat5, but it's <Ethernet> Network Status "Auto (100base-thank you. , full duplex).

If this issue is related to the network settings then that is just bonkers. LOL

Mike

Ruffin,

BINGO...Thank you....resetting "all" did it. LOL.....had been reluctant to do that thinking that a 'next firmware' update would have fixed. Thank you very much.

Mike

Ask a Question