epson XP-950

I have the above printer. It will print fine through a doc on my computer, but won't scan or copy a doc placed on the flat bed. Any suggestions please?

Reset to Factory default settings:
See page 245 of your printer manual

Is this new installation?
Was Scan/Copy working correctly before?
Is problem using Scan/Copy selection at printer control panel or from computer application?
Did you install printer driver and Epson applications from Epson CD or from download?

Reset to Factory default settings:
See page 245 of your printer manual

Is this new installation?
Was Scan/Copy working correctly before?
Is problem using Scan/Copy selection at printer control panel or from computer application?
Did you install printer driver and Epson applications from Epson CD or from download?

thanks for your comments. It's not a new install, printer is 3 years old and has been working fine till now. Scan/copy was good, now not working. Computer print outs are fine. Printer was installed from CD. Any ideas would be gratefully received..............

Have you made any changes such as install newer drivers or did Epson do this automatically?
Have you had recent power failure or thunder storms? Is printer protected with Surge Protector?
What is your computer OS (Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac)? Is printer connected with USB cable or
through WIFI connected router? When you Copy or Scan, do you use printer control panel or
computer software application?

Here are some things you can try using your printer manual:
Page 22 & 25 Turn off Power Off and Sleep Timers
Page 118 Set Full Auto Mode
Page 245 Set Restore Factory Default (do not include WIFI router settings)
Page 225 Do a nozzle check using Printer Control Panel
Page 230 Do Print Head Cleaning using Printer Control Panel

Here is a link for your printer manual:
https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39353.pdf

If problem persists, then try complete uninstall and re-installation of printer driver and applications.
Please specify which OS and we will try to provide uninstall instructions.
Regards
Florida, USA

Another possibility is to turn power off both printer and computer
for few hours and then restart. This might reset gremlins.

I meant to say that after turning power off both units, then unplug them from wall socket.
Re-start after an hour.

Well, we will never know. She disappeared. Thanks for the feedback.
Regards
Florida, USA

I meant to say that after turning power off both units, then unplug them from wall socket.
Re-start after an hour.
sorry, I didn't disappear, I've been on easter holidays. During my week away, the printer was turned off. Still no different. I really think the problem may be terminal, as I've said, it prints OK from the computer, but won't scan or print from the scanner bed. (that is, the scan is incomplete, only half there....).

Ask a Question