Epson XP-970 complicated setup any help please

Hi I am new here, but not to printers, which I have been using since windows XP. I have had an HP 5523 all in one for 5 years.(Two HP printers before that.) Which I got from my local PC World back in 2017 -8. But this year refused to print anything and my glossy paper kept getting stuck in the rollers. eventually I had to bin it for my sanity.

I just bought a new printer, my first Epson, but its so complicated I dont know where to start.:confused: Its for printing HD quality model icy cobblestone textures A4 (Matt) for WW2 Dioramas that I want to sell on Ebay for modellers, as a little income to top up my pension. But Although i know I am not the same guy that made computers and repaired them in 1995, (72 now) Im struggling to understand any of the PDF. manual I looked at online. This printer is an XP-970, still sitting on my printer table 6 weeks on, not set up or ink installed yet, which is annoying as it cost over £216 . but its so complicated I may have bitten off more than I can chew at my age, which is very frustrating as an artist using Air brushes and acrylic inks and tube paints still.

My main problems so far is, its got inks yes still packed, but there's an empty box with the the inks, which I thought was the black ink. But its completely empty. and seems to be not part of the printer at all. I nearly disposed of it, but thought I try a forum question before doing so.

I have no Software Disc to install, and don't want to make an account with Epsom just to get a driver. Why they cant include the cd rom is beyond me, what if you dont have a reliable internet connection?? I dont use wifi anyway, Only the cable lead USB. Dont believe in wifi, prefer solid connections. like Virgins optical cable own signal thats used for the virgin box

I didn't find any instructions in the box, so I have no idea how to start set this up. Utube videos are too fast for senior citizens , I cant keep up with their break neck speed. Why aren't tutorials done at a pace which is slow and methodical??:oops:

If anybody has any fast tricks to get this up and running in a short time without me chucking it out of the window I would be grateful. I found trying to get to grips from Analogue to Digital very daunting. Which Is why i dont have a phone, just an PAYG emergency one in case my government mobility scooter breaks down I had a very good job self employed as a VCR engineer. My Minivan was ideal for running around my Sussex town repairing them and setting new ones up to Tvs at customers homes. I was gutted Video Recorders went obsolete, as did all the factory warehouses that stocked all the parts for many makes. I also had a CB radio store in West Wales in 1986 -7, but, again problems with the governments handling of the FM channels and such a tiny 4watt output allowed. That didn't last long either. Most people still kept to there old AM radios like a Cobra. thanks for reading Mike. (technically challenged these days)o_O

Ask a Question