Epson XP860 paper jams after cleaning?

I have a paper jam problem on an Epson XP860 after attempting to clean the printhead by the damp paper towel under the printhead method and by syringing drops of printhead cleaner onto the ink ports.
It will print standard quality on standard paper but as soon as I select high quality or photo I have this problem. It feeds paper in until it reaches the printhead chanel and then stops and tries to reverse feed paper back out causing a paper jam. Have seen a suggestion that it could be a dirty PW sensor. Anyone know?

The paper jam issue on your Epson XP860, occurring after attempting to clean the printhead with a damp paper towel and printhead cleaner, may indeed be related to a dirty PW (paper width) sensor. When selecting high quality or photo printing, the paper feed stops at the printhead channel, attempting a reverse feed and causing a jam. Cleaning the PW sensor with a gentle, lint-free cloth and ensuring there's no residue blocking its function could resolve the problem. If the issue persists, consider consulting Epson support or a technician for further assistance.

Ask a Question