Espon Workfrce 520 - Not working, Help!!

First off, I am a girl and I am terrible with computers. I have had this printer for two years and it has always worked perfectly until last month. I got back to college (after storing it in the basement) and now it doesn't work properly. First, the printer kept coming up with an error message and wouldn't print at all. I got my friend to look at it and now it prints in every color except black. When I try to print a page full of black text it only prints a few lines (some of which are cut off) and the rest of the page comes out blank. My friend suspected that there may be something wrong with the alignment but was not sure how to fix it. When I print a page of text in red, etc. it prints perfectly. When I print something with many colors it looks faded. Has anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas on how to fix it???? Thanks for your help! =)

Well it sounds like a few problems.. firstly have you changed the ink cartridge or toner in the last 2 years?

In fact is it inkjet or a laser printer?

It will be an alignment problem if sentences are cut with half or so being above/below the other half - but are they cut of or do they simply stop after a few sentences?

You really should be a little more specific because it's kind've like saying "my car's broken" to a bunch of mechanics without telling them the model, engine etc...

Ask a Question