Factory reset Lexmark B2236dw without web-access

Hello Forum,

I moved house and got a new Wifi router. I now wanted to configure my Lexmark B2236dw to use the new SSID, but it did not connect. Touched by madness, I configured the printer to use Wifi only and not the LAN cable. Now my printer does not get an IP (0.0.0.0) and I can not use the web interface. Configuring the network via the printers keys is also not possible, because I get the messge that "No login method is configured" and I can not change anything.

I now want to factory reset the printer (which also does not work via the keys, because of the message above). In the manual I read about a "reset jumper" on the controller board. I disassembled the printer but on my controller board there is no such jumper.

So now I am stuck with a printer which I can use for printing via USB but any configuration of the network is not possible.

Does anyone have an idea how to factory restet the printer or how to get the network configured, so that I am at least able to use the web interface again?

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Thomas

Are you sure there is no jumper? A yellow "flag" on a three pinned connector?
If your firmware is fairly new try this to enter diagnostics:
Turn off
press and hold Left arrow and OK on the control panel until halfway loaded. You should see a "out of service erase". If you don't have it your firmware is too old. See if you can update it with a USB drive.

Ask a Question