Flashing red lights

Hi I am having problems with my Epson R265 PRINTER.
I suddenly got a message saying it needed a service, then two red lights started flashing on the printer and that was it.
I looked up the problem and was told that the waste ink pads needed changing and resetting I got a program to reset the ink counters where I had to reset my date to Jan 12007 but it did not work. I purchased a program R265 eng software which said it would do the job I ran it and got an error code communication fault error code 20000010
The waste ink pads do look full so I decided to try to remove and clean them but can,t find out how to get them out I removed the screws from the top of the printer but it wont come away and I removed the sides and the two screws from the front panel but cant find out how to get the front off can anyone help please The Epson service centre said it would cost about £60 to service it and the printer did not cost much more than that new

update i
I have now managed to fix the printer I have removed the waste ink pads cleaned and dried them and refitted them the cleaning part was very messy but worth the savings
I have also managed to reset the printer and it is working very well now

Ask a Question