Getting an EPSON printer working through a parallel connection with an ATEN cable?

Hi All,

I am attempting to connect an EPSON TM-T88IIIP printer (which features a Parallel port) to a POS machine that only features USB ports. Towards this end I have purchased and installed an ATEN UC-1284B USB to Parallel cable / converter.

In Windows 7 I am confident that I have installed the correct EPSON printer, and additionally I have installed the EPSON Virtual Printer Driver. Finally I have configured the Port for the Virtual Printer with the EPSON software as shown below.

j6ornl.jpg

Even though I have set the installed printer to use the Port outlined above I am getting printing errors. At the moment I suspect that there may be an issue with the ATEN cable / adapter. As can be seen below Windows is showing the device as 'Unspecified', and in my experience this is 'rarely a good thing'!

21mafsy.jpg

Here is a screen capture of the ATENs Properties, and it can be clearly seen that there are several fields marked with 'unavailable'.

n6uk2x.jpg

Finally if I look at the 'Hardware' tab of the Properties for the ATEN I see a blue question mark next to the printer.

j6225s.jpg

Device status is given as 'This device is working properly' however the simple fact is that nothing comes out of the printer, and there are spooler errors.

If anybody can give some advice on how to get this printer going with the ATEN cable it will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Ask a Question