Greedy lexmark

LEXMARK THE GREAT ISN'T THAT GREAT AFTERALL!!!

However, they seem to have stymied owners/users of their inkjet copy machines by making it impossible to successfully refill some, if not most of their inkjet cartridges.

Specifically, I am talking about their #100 series of cartridges that feed my Lexmark Interact S605 printer.

Try as I might, I have not been able to successfully refill and utilize these cartridges. Each cartridge has a small chip installed under the top label that I have not been able to overide. This chip shuts down any further use of the cartridge when the ink level is either depleted or after printing a certain number of pages.

Has anyone in the audience been able to solve this problem and be willing to share their knowledge?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

edwb2012

Last edited:
You will find that most of the major companies are doing this now (Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Lexmark). It is really the only way to protect their market and make sure that people keep buying the cartridges for the machines...

Have we found a way around it? No - sorry... This is one of the reasons why refilling is no longer a major business and the generic cartridges are. Even some of the generic cartridges fail in printers (due to not having the correct chip). We (Ink House) only sell genuine cartridges for this reason. It is a little bit more expensive but you can guarantee that it will work every time...

Cheers,

Ink House

Last edited:

Ask a Question