HL-3180CDW No 2-sided print

I believe after win 10 update 3180 will not print 2-sided. Used recovery to revert back to before update. Also uninstalled and reinstalled full brother driver package. Also checked 3180 utilities for proper 2-sided setting and also the PC 3180 driver software. Everything is checked for 2-sided. If I print 4 pages the PC says it will use 2 sheets but it actually uses 4 single sided pages.

What application are you attempting 2 sided print?
Can you print 2 sided with WORD?
Win 10 should have no effect on printer 2 sided print.

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Printing Preferences -> Select 2 Sided Print
Can you now print 2 sided?

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Printing Preferences -> Select 2 Sided Print

Navigate as follows:

Looked at your suggestions: Brother support says to reinstall win 10 and printer drivers/software. Trying to avoid that win 10 reinstall. Did the control panel things many times to no avail. Looked at your 2-sided WORD inquiry. To my surprise it prints 2-sided perfectly on Win 10 WORDPAD. What I can't do, which I could always do b4 the win 10 update, was to right click from mouse to print on-screen document. If it was 4 pages it would always 2-sided print to 2 pages. Have gone to control panel printer icon and can't see anythingf wrong there. I have clicked the PRINTER VIEW on these document. Still no duplex printing

Sir: Your printer is functioning normally. You say printing Two Sided A-Ok with WORDPAD.

Again you dont specify application used to display "four page document". Either this application isnt compatible with Win 10, or you have not setup print parameters within that application (usually under "File" - Either Print or Page Setup). Is this a .pdf document you are looking at? Is this Internet site that you view this document with browser?

Ask a Question