How do I troubleshoot this printer? Lexmark X7675

It just stops randomly at whatever it's doing, won't respond to anything but pulling the plug, I see no way to see what's happening, log files, communication, nothing; I've gone through all of the Lexmark installed software troubleshooting and all of the online troubleshooting, I just want some way to see the log files or something that's happening so I can at least put my finger on where the problem is.

I've had this printer for 5 years and I don't want to suddenly toss it out, and Lexmark customer support doesn't care that I just won't buy another Lexmark (which means no more of their cartridges) if I can't get this fixed.

I've already tried that. I need to find out how to figure out what's wrong, either through some kind of telnet, or log files, or you name it. Nothing is telling me just what's wrong.

With it being as old as it is, it just may be time to get a new mach. Thats the thing with older mach, they'll stop working out of nowhere.

How about before I just go buy another printer that's going to crap out that could be fixable, someone say what they know about getting into the printer's log files or telnet or something?

Not sure on those models or not if they are like the small malfunctions. If it is, here is what to try. Turn off the printer, hold down the 2 and 6 and turn it back on, keep holding those buttons down until a ways in to the splash screen, to get in to the diagnostics menu. Once in there you might be able to find an error log. This would only work if your mach is like the multi functions I work on.

Not sure on those models or not if they are like the small malfunctions. If it is, here is what to try. Turn off the printer, hold down the 2 and 6 and turn it back on, keep holding those buttons down until a ways in to the splash screen, to get in to the diagnostics menu. Once in there you might be able to find an error log. This would only work if your mach is like the multi functions I work on.

OK thanks, I'll try that, but I'm not sure what you mean by "mach"; it's a Lexmark X7675.

Ask a Question