How to force HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 into error state

Long story short I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer and after replacing the printhead and a couple resets (partial and full) the prompt asking along the lines of "Install the cartridges that came with the printer" doesn't allow the support menu to be brought up (press back 4 times) and if the ink door is opened and closed the touch screen goes white requiring a power cycle to then go back to the "Install the cartridges that came with the printer". No amount of printer doors or missing or broken printhead seem to cause the printer to get into an error state so I can get into the support menu. More context on this issue can be found here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Print...Pro-8710-into-error-state/m-p/8031615#M916730

Here's a list of what I tried so far and a bit of my goals (copied from the original question):
  1. Starting the printer the old faulty printer head with no cartridges
  2. Starting the printer with the old faulty printer head with cartridges
  3. Starting the printer with the new printer head with no cartridges
  4. Starting the printer with the new printer head with cartridges
  5. Starting the printer with the old printer head with no cartridges while the back paper feeder door is open
  6. Starting the printer with the old printer head with no cartridges while the back paper feeder door is open and taking out the part back there that has wheels to feed the paper
  7. Starting the printer with the new printer head cartridges while the back paper feeder door is open and taking out the part back there that has wheels to feed the paper
  8. Doing 1-7 with the ink door open. Some I did with the paper tray open, not all through.
  9. Having the ink door open, paper tray open, back door open, back roller removed, printhead removed (need to verify forgot if I did this)
  10. Start the printer with the ink door open and the paper tray open.
  11. Start printer with new printhead with only Cyan.
  12. Start printer with all cartridges except Black.
  13. Connecting to the printer via ethernet directly, accessing the web configuration via HP Smart, and attempting to reset to default settings there (it gives a message along the lines of saying the printer is not available when I try to do)
  14. Unplugging for 60 seconds and then holding power button for 30 seconds then replugging
  15. Sending the printer a document or binary data with lpr, but just a sound occurs and nothing happens.
  16. Checking for firmware (it errors saying it can't find the network despite me doing the WiFi setup via the web configuration in hp smart and connected to my laptop via ethernet (I can understand the latter though since I didn't set up bridging of any kind). While I was troubleshooting the old printhead, I updated the latest firmware and it's been a week since then so I doubt that even if I were able to get it to check for firmware updates it wouldn't find anything. Though despite that, the date that it showed for the last update/firmware version was around October 2020)
I know there's more combinations I can try, but I don't feel this could have an effect. It just seems like if an error popup that should occur the "Install the cartridges that came with the printer" message overrides that and stops that from happening. If there is some secret way of forcing a message or allowing the screen to get into a state to allow getting to the support menu that would be great. I'm open to anything whether it be some esoteric print command line to send low level signals, using undocumented PCL/PJL commands that somehow are still compatible with this printer to reset it, using some method to send pure garbage data to the printer so it does something, or just trying out more combinations. I need a way to force an error message and I need to test it within next 24-48 hours. The end goal is to be able to get back to the initialization menu and figure out setup option order can bypass the "Install the cartridges that came with the printer" message (when message first came, before I couldn't go to the support menu anymore, at least enabling OOBE and doing IT setup without instant ink and setup at current location didn't bypass the message) so I can get to the control panel and be able to print.

Ask a Question