How to get printhead to move out into open MFC-240C

I'm trying to get under it with paper towel to absorb cleaning solution I'll be pushing through the system. I found a suggestion for a similar model of holding the cancel button but that didnt work. Any ideas? I know printers move the printhead our of their seats but I don't know why and how to invoke this.

@bencowles Yes. Turning the machine on unparks printer head and you can move it after disconnecting machine from power.
I am to lubricate the bar that printhead rests on because of squeaking noises machine makes when printing and clean the ink feeding system with cleaning solution.

Which cleaning solution are you using?

@bencowles I saw cleaning solutions are sold together with syringe, tubes and adapters specifically for cleaning printer. I bought relatively cheap one from chinese website. Don't know about rubbing alcohol. I saw isopropyl alcohol was suggested.

@bencowles I saw cleaning solutions are sold together with syringe, tubes and adapters specifically for cleaning printer. I bought relatively cheap one from chinese website. Don't know about rubbing alcohol. I saw isopropyl alcohol was suggested.
"rubbing" is the same as isopropyl. As far as I know at least. It's what I call "isopropyl alcohol"

Ask a Question