How to scan double sided document on Epson ET-4750

After only ever purchasing HP printers, this time I decided to get the Epson EcoTank ET-4750.

For the first time, I'm trying to scan a 4 page double sided document to a PDF file on my computer. The pages are placed in the automatic document feeder. Scanning from the printer control panel simply results in 4 pages being scanned, i.e. it isn't scanning the other side of each page. Similarly, scanning from the PC using Epson ScanSmart, I get only 4 pages, not the 8 I expect.

I am seeing NO options that I can change to choose double sided scanning.

This was so easy to do on the HP printer, why do Epson make it so complicated that I have to use a forum to ask for help?

I'm actually wondering if this particular model is capable of double sided scanning! It can print and copy double sided, so it would be strange if it couldn't also scan double sided!

I can now confirm that while this model of printer does duplex printing and copying, it does not do duplex scanning.

At over £350 this is very surprising, but unfortunately Epson obviously believe people don't need to scan two sided documents, so I will be sending it back.

I've learnt my lesson and will stick with HP!

Ask a Question