HP 4500 envy get rid of "please connect printer to hp connected"

New here but a message keeps popping up evry time I go to print on our HP 4500 envy "please connect printer to hp connected". No answer on the website, instructions, google,or HP forums. This is annoying, using it as a network printer you have to walk to the printer and push ok to get your document. I deleted everything but the 4500 envy printer under HP using add or remove programs on windows I have windows 7

any help would be appreciated.

Not sure of your setup. Think you have a router. The Hp printer is setup to access your router network with appropriate SSID and Passphrase. If thats the case, then you should see HP4500 as network printer as follows:

Click Start -> Click Devices & Printers
Your HP4500 Network printer must have green check. If not, right click HP4500 Network Printer icon and
select "Set As Default". Your printer should now print without assistance (assuming it is powered on).

Advise

Unfortunatley i had already done that and still have to tell the printer ok. On the computer the printer is plugged in to usb it asks to connect printer to hp connected everytime you print also. The slave computer and network are both windows 7 and i did not ask the printer to connect via wireless because i dont really want to share customer sensitive docs.

Computer that has USB Printer, follow these instructions:

Sharing Printer On Network

Click Start -> Devices & Printers

Right Click Printer Icon of Printer You wish To Share

Select Properties

Click Sharing Tab

Place Check Mark in “Share This Printer” Box

Click Apply

Advise

I think you are using hp weservices. First you needt o touch the webservice to enable. So that printer can update its instant ink monitor. Once it finished you can check your ininforation by prissing ink icon.

Ask a Question