Can't print on HP Envy 4500 (tried many solutions)

My brand new Envy 4500 printer works fine when I connect it via USB to my laptop and works fine when I wirelessly print from my tablet. But it does not work via USB from my Dell desktop.

I have read a bunch of blog posts on similar issues, tried uninstalling and installing basic and full featured software and drivers with the computer reboots, restarted the pooling service, made sure the Port preference was "print immediately" and bidirectional printing is checked - still no luck.

I used the HP Print Doctor and it prints the direct test page, but can't print the regular test page. The Print Doctor ends up recommending reinstall which I did many times. I tried disabling the antivirus soft as well.

When I try to print either the Test page or any other document it indicates that it sent it to Printer but shows a pop-up "failed to print". The new print jobs then appear in the queue with the "Print - Error" status.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question