HP L7580 Paper Jam

Hello everyone...

I have an HP L7580 - All in one...

It keeps telling me there is a "Paper Jam".

If I start it up after resetting it or disconnecting the power etc etc, it will go through an alignment just fine. I'll print out a 3 page document, but after the first or second page, I'll hear something moving back and forth (I think it's just one of the rollers), and then the printing will stop and tell me I have a paper jam. But there is no paper jam. When it works fine, it works perfectly, and fast...but won't let me get past 2 printed pages. I have checked all the gear that I know of, while spinning them to check for any left over torn paper. There is nothing. Again, if the printer gets reset to the point that it needs to recalibrate and align etc, then I WONT get the error until the second or third printed page. The carriage seems to move very freely, there seems to be no debris in any gears that I know of (except for some black dirt on the white gears..does that need to be cleaned with a tiny brush or something?), ink is perfect.

I have no idea what's going on with it. Help? Why does it seem to work perfectly fine for usually 1 or 2 pages, and then stop. If it really is some sort of physical issue, why wouldn't it just not allow any printing to begin with?

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

Paper jam I suppose is the commonest of all printer problems as it can occur due to strayed, stuck bits of papers in pathway of paper tray, outlet, roller etc. I would recommend cleaning the paper inlet, outlet, and other possible areas to avoid a paper jam situation. I have observed that most people fan the paper pile to keep them dry or non-sticky. It's a wrong method because fanning the pile of papers make them go haywire and often lead to paper jam.
Follow the given steps:

->Turn off the printer.

->Inspect the location or tray the printed paper ejects to. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.

->Remove all paper trays and any paper that may be stuck between the tray and the printer. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.

->Open the printer door that allows you access to the printer ink cartridges or toner and look for any stuck paper. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.

->Turn the printer back on. If you continue to receive a printer jam error try repeating the above steps again. If issue still persist and you see no paper that is stuck in the printer it's likely your printer is experiencing another hardware issues and i suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for additional assistance or repair.

Ask a Question