hp laser jet pro mfp m26

Greetngs all ... first let me apologize if this is not the right forum for my issue. I have a hp laser jet pro mfp m26nw and of course
the toner cartridge has expired. Not wanting to pay hp $80 for a replacement I purchased an identical Ink first replacement
at a much lower cost. Having installed the new cartridge I keep getting an error "replace black cartridge" I've spent the last
few days trying to find out what the problem is and what I found out is almost criminal. It appears hp doesn't want you to
use generic replacement low cost cartridges so they have a lock out system to prevent their use. After checking the internet
there a lot of " work arounds " that did not work " can anyone help me with this problem. I have a PC with win 10

Thanks in advance, Vic

Yes i did as someone mentioned to me and it turned out to be correct ... Would you believe it was a paper jam and not related to the misleading error codes that the printer kept showing

Ask a Question