Hp M601 won't accept 90x toner

Hey all, I recently sold a high yield toner for this printer, unaware that it wouldn't accept it. Turns out the high yield only fits the M602 and M603 printers, not the M601. Another one of HP's little tricks where you have to buy the more expensive machine just for the ability to use the more efficient high yield toners, but of course they don't make that information readily available. So, I now have to go tomorrow and try to rig it, since I don't have a standard yield in stock. My question is, does anyone know what inside the printer blocks it from sliding in? Is there something that can be removed, such as a spacer, that will allow it to take? If not, I'm faced with taking the old cartridge and rebuilding it by swapping the new toner section onto the old drum carriage frame, which means I'll have to swap the drum and blade too. Not an impossible task, but I'd rather avoid it if I can. It appears the waste toner section of a high yield cartridge is bigger than the standard yield, which makes sense, and it wont' fit in. If I do the swap, l will also have to vac out the old waste toner but I doubt it will go the entire cycle before it fills up since it is smaller. Best fix would be to remove whatever is keeping it from going in in the first place.

Ask a Question